Climate change and conservation is a critical area of concern as per Shirakat’s Strategic Plan. The main focus is on children and youth through awareness raising activities and collective action. Advocacy and linkages with policy makers and planners are being developed to reach the objectives of contributing to climate justice.
Shirakat-Partnership for Development is working in collaboration CDA nursery F9 Park Islamabad and Pakistan Tobacco Company (PTC nursery) Islamabad to provide plantation trees to organize our campaign through 2 public and 3 private sector schools in Islamabad and Rawalpindi. The campaign is continuation of our activities with these group including summer camps on leadership, formation of ecology club in school, session on climate change on regular bases with these school and targeted institutes/communities.
Shirakat-Partnership for Development will be working incollaboration with Ministry of Climate Change to adopt 10 primary or middle schools for ‘Green Schools’ initiative. The steps will include:
- Meetings with Ministry of Education and Ministry of Climate Change
- Identification of schools in specific areas of Islamabad in collaboration with the Ministry of Education
- Collaborating with school management for deciding the methodology for implementation
- Mapping of the school spaces and design of plantation in schools
- Orientation of teachers and students on care of plants
- Plantation activities in schools
- Monitoring and evaluation